We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Brine is what seasons and preserves; without it, your veg will never graduate to pickle status.
- 1½ pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 4 chiles de árbol (optional)
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Two 1-qt. canning jars with lids
Divide green beans, lemon, chiles, if desired, and garlic between jars.
Bring vinegar, salt, sugar, red pepper flakes, and 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve salt and sugar. Pour hot brine into jars, dividing evenly, and cover. Let cool, then chill.
Do Ahead: Green beans can be pickled 2 months ahead. Keep chilled.