We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 16 slices whole wheat bread, trimmed into crustless 3-inch squares
- 16 small watercress sprigs
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
Divide cheese and walnuts equally among 8 bread squares. Top each with 2 watercress sprigs. Sprinkle with pepper and top with remaining bread squares, making 8 sandwiches total. Press together gently to adhere. DO AHEAD Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cook 4 sandwiches on griddle until golden brown and cheese melts, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board. Repeat with remaining 3 tablespoons butter and 4 sandwiches.
Cut sandwiches diagonally in half. Transfer to plates and serve.