We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Swapping tahini for the mayonnaise that you typically see in classic Caesar salads keeps things creamy but adds nutty earthiness to the tangy mustard and funk from Parmesan cheese.
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. grapeseed, sunflower, or vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 heads of Little Gem lettuce or 2 romaine hearts, trimmed, leaves separated
- 1 Asian pear, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
Mound anchovies and garlic on a cutting board. Using the side of a chef’s knife, mash together until a smooth paste forms.
Transfer paste to a large bowl and squeeze in juice from 1 lemon half (about 2 Tbsp.). Whisk in tahini, mustard, and 2 Tbsp. water. Gradually whisk in oil until dressing is thick and glossy. Whisk in 3 Tbsp. Parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
Add lettuce, tearing any large leaves, to bowl with dressing, along with pear slices. Season with salt and toss until leaves are coated.
Transfer salad to a platter and top with more Parmesan and sesame seeds. Finely grate zest of remaining lemon half over.