- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 3 3/4-pound boneless leg of lamb, well-trimmed, butterflied
Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 475°F. Stir yogurt, cumin, brown sugar, espresso powder, and cloves in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Place lamb, fat side up, on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Spread 1/3 of yogurt mixture evenly over. Turn lamb over. Spread evenly with remaining yogurt mixture.
Roast lamb until thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 130°F for medium-rare, about 25 minutes. Transfer to platter. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice thinly and serve.