- 1 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee
- 1/3 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Place chocolate in blender. Bring 3/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons sugar, and espresso powder to simmer in medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour over chocolate. Cover tightly; blend 5 seconds. Add egg whites. Cover tightly; blend on high 1 minute. Pour into 4 small bowls. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
Whisk cream, lemon juice, peel, and 1 tablespoon sugar in small bowl to very soft peaks. Spoon over mousse; serve.