- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (made from white bread)
- 6 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 2 cups grated (about 8 ounces) grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs; sauté until golden, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter two 8x8-inch glass baking dishes. Mix spinach, sour cream, milk, cheese, onion, and nutmeg in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in eggs. Divide spinach mixture between dishes. DO AHEAD Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill. Top with breadcrumbs. Bake until set, about 30 minutes.