- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Lyle's Golden Syrup or light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons frozen concentrated cranberry juice cocktail, thawed
- 12 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
Stir cream, butter, syrup, and cranberry concentrate in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until melted. Mix in cranberries and pecans. Pour truffle mixture into 11x7-inch glass dish. Freeze until firm, about 50 minutes.
Cut truffle mixture into 36 portions. Lift each out and roll between palms into round. Place on baking sheet. Roll truffles in powdered sugar or cocoa powder. Cover and chill up to 1 week. Serve cold.