- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Garnish: whipped cream, cinnamon sticks
Whisk milk, brown sugar, and whipping cream in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until mixture begins to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; add cocoa powder, chocolate, and cinnamon; whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour hot chocolate into 6 demitasse cups. Garnish each with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick.