- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds swordfish, cut into sixteen 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 boneless leg of lamb, cut into sixteen 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 2 large peaches with skin, halved, pitted, each half cut into 4 wedges
- 16 3-inch-long green onion bottoms
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 16 squares
- 1 1-pound eggplant, cut into sixteen 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 small zucchini, trimmed, cut into sixteen 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 8 slices
Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
Place fish and lamb in separate medium glass or stainless steel bowls. Add 2/3 cup marinade to each; toss to coat. Chill at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Reserve remaining marinade for basting and making sauce.
Drain fish. Alternate 2 fish cubes, 2 tomato halves, 2 peach wedges, and 2 onion bottoms on each of 8 skewers.
Drain lamb. Alternate 2 lamb cubes, 2 bell pepper squares, 2 eggplant cubes, and 2 zucchini rounds on each of 8 skewers. DO AHEAD: Kebabs can be assembled 2 hours ahead. Arrange on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Cover; chill.
Spray grill rack with nonstick spray, then prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Transfer 1 cup reserved marinade to small saucepan for sauce. Grill kebabs until slightly charred and cooked as desired, turning occasionally and basting with remaining marinade, about 8 minutes for fish and 10 minutes for lamb. Transfer kebabs to platter.
Bring marinade in saucepan to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk in butter, 1 slice at a time, allowing each to melt before adding next (do not boil). Season butter sauce to taste with pepper. Serve sauce with kebabs.