“I love the grilled cabbage, even if it is just a vehicle for the bacon vinaigrette.” —Dawn Perry, senior food editor
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, 1 tablespoon fat reserved
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into quarters
Whisk together shallot, vinegar, mustard, and honey; gradually whisk in bacon fat and ¼ cup oil. Crumble in bacon; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Drizzle cabbage with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 15–18 minutes. Serve topped with vinaigrette and croutons.