- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 4 pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 to 6 small crab shells (optional) or scalloped dishes
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and oregano; sauté until soft, about 6 minutes. Add tomato sauce and wine and boil until almost evaporated, about 1 minute. Add crabmeat; lower heat to medium, cover, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in olives, cilantro, and hot sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon mixture into crab shells, if desired. Squeeze juice from lime wedges over and serve.